Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Prop. 8

No voters
Yes voters, on opposite street corner. Sorry I didn't get a closer photo.
Passing out fliers to remind those voting yes to get out and vote.

Interesting to be in California the week end before the election when Prop. 8 was the biggest deal ever. We passed out fliers to people who had said they were voting yes, to remind them to vote.
I did a little reading on the topic, I assume there are good arguments for both sides, but seeing how Californian Homosexual's have all the same rights, as married couples would, without titling their unions as Marriage, I feel that it is in the best interest of the social fabric of America to not call Homosexual Unions Marriage. I apologize if this offends any of my friends who are homosexual, I would be more than happy to talk with you and understand your point of view if it does.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Good to talk with you on this tonight, good perspective coming from the point of view of considering the judicial system. Hope you were able to get to some things on your list.