Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Favorite Sister!!!!!!



This is my sister Michelle Marie Larson looking like the angel she is with the sun hallowing her head!

Chelle is turning 30 this year. What a gift to the world she has been. I know some really good people in my life, but I have to be honest and say that none can top my sister. Since I can remember, which is really far back,she has always been a great example and friend to me. When we would get in fights she was always the one to try and make it right first, when she learned something cool at school she couldn't wait to share it with me, even if it meant keeping me up all night till I really understood what ever concept it was she was trying to help me understand. You know, really important things like how to round numbers, how to read novels and how to wear floral print. (sorry that the floral print never stuck Chelle, you did your best!)

Chelle has always been someone who I really look up to and try to emulate in my life. I know this can be a lot of pressure on a person, but she is a constant, not just for me but for all those who know her. People are drawn to her compassion, intellect and the genuine interest she has in everyone she meets.

She traveled the world way before I had a chance to and ever since I have been trying to catch up with her. She served a mission in Korea and while she was still on her mission, every Korean I met from near where she served had heard of her legend and let me know how amazing as a sister she was and how special she made them feel. She has beautiful, loving, FUN kids, who are that way because of the great people her and Brig (her husband) are.

Although Chelle is very busy with family and business she genuinely cares about what is happening in the world and how it is affecting people. She seeks to understand how best to approach new ideas and is very slow to take a position on something that will affect people, even if she doesn't know them personally, because she cares that deeply about humanity.



Chelle is a peacemaker and has and will continue to create a feeling of peace, comfort and strength where ever she goes and what ever she is involved in. The world is a better place because of my sister and I could never express how thankful I am for her and how much she means to me, and the influence she has had over who I have become.

Chelle, I wish you the best 30th birthday you could ever ask for. If I were there I would throw you a huge party!!!! With dancing, and music, and a few good board games and puzzles! Since I can't be there we will have to settle for that kind of party over Thanksgiving.

I love your guts!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Alicia, you really just made my decade. If they day ended now I would have been a good birthday because of your incredible words and thoughts. (And you how I feel about birthdays.)

Thank you for this and everything you are to me. I know you are busy and really didn't need to fit this into your schedule, just know how appreciated is.

Love ya,
Chelle

PS - I just learned some new tricks on a scientific calculator so get ready for some late nights over Thanksgiving. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Haha! Sweet, I have been meaning to brush up on my scientific calculator skills!

Anonymous said...

Steve Larson Said: What a beautiful tribute from Leesha to Chelle and I say AMEN to Leesha's thoughts. Chelle truly has a sweet spirit and shares that as a wife, mother, sister, sister in law, daughter and daughter in law. Leesha is also special and we found that out during her visit to Morenci Arizona. In fact I admire the whole Vial Family. True examples of service and love.

Hailey Vial said...

dito!

paula said...

Wow such sweet words. I can't wait for you both to be home at the same time.I hope we get a little sleep.
Steve you make my heart warm as well. Love you both also, and the whole Larson clan. Paula

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Steve, thanks for adding to the post. It is wonderful to know that Chelle has two sets of parents now who both appreciate her!