Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fair Time with Tutu's Hawaiian Shave Ice

Hailey and I having a heart to heart in the booth. That red top canopy really cast a deep shadow on us!
Mom, Nathan, Caitlyn and Tucker working hard at the booth. We had some pretty slow moments, but over all it wasn't a bad year.
Thuey and Hoa helped out on Sunday. Thuey was a super fast learner on the cash register, which was great for me cause I was done with it at that point.
We had about 12 different flavors to choose from. I think Tigers Blood was one of the most popular. What is Tigers Blood, you ask? Funny you should ask, cause so did everyone else who ordered from us who hadn't before. Tiger's blood is cherry and coconut mix, one of my favorites, though I think my all time favorite this year was the root beer flavor with the ice cream in the bottom, tasted like a root beer float.

Every year my family has a booth selling shave ice at the county fair. I missed it last year as I was traveling and so made a special trip out this year not to miss it. I ended up being there everyday for about a week. We had a really good time. We didn't even get in any arguments. I love it when the family can have fun without drama!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I hate missing out on a good party, looks like a blast.

Hailey Vial said...

Good times, but if it's a fight you're looking for, I could've started one with you about my tan! I've been working on that all summer. Yeah, I now declare this a blog fight. (I'm not sure what that entails, but you're on!)
p.s. I got the t-shirts for PTCoast and they are awesome Nike running shirts. We also get a t-shirt for finishing. Sweet huh!