Sunday, August 03, 2008

All the way Up Timp!

I was walking to the "Toilet" when I snapped this one. The flowers up there were georgeous. This doesn't even do it justice.
We ran into some Mountain Goat near the top. They were super patient with us, probably cause there wasn't really anywhere for them to go, there was too many people on the hike and they couldn't get around everyone. I wonder how long they had to hang out at this spot.
Me at the top, over looking emerald lake.
The marker for the summit! We made it!
There were some really steep spots at the top. I was wishing I had eaten a banana or two as my calves kept cramping up. Happily I am not sore a bit today.
Joshua and Macrun
Tyre, Joshua's puppy. So cute. He might have a little Dingo in him.

Yesterday morning I got up at 4:45 to be at the opening of American Fork Canyon at 5:30. I met up with 6 friends (some new and some not so new) there, to hike Timp. I have never seen so many people on a hike before. It was packed but for good reason. It was actually bearable weather there. It has been so hot in Utah! I am ready to move away from the cold winters and insane hot summers of this desert. One more year!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

That looks incredible!

paula said...

Fun hike someday I want to do Timp. Hopefully while I can still walk