Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Hair Cut


Last weekend I went up to Ogden to join in on a Volleyball tournament with Tucker's family. I filled in for his sister who broke her ankle a couple weeks ago. We didn't do great, but we had the most fun out of everyone. That was Saturday, Sunday we went to Church then drove down to Pleasant Grove to have dinner with one of his friends and his family. We ended up playing wee till 11pm. Then we were up Monday morning at 5:45 to take Tucker's brother to the airport. We took a nap in the Liberty Park in SLC with all the rest of the bums, then drove down to Drapper where we met with my soon to be new boss who took us out for lunch. We were done with that around 2pm then raced down to Provo to get ready for our next adventure.

We were ready and on the trail head of Mt. Nebo down by Nephi by 5:45. We climbed 8,000 feet in 3 and a half hours. I got a bit of altitude sickness and we had left our map down in the car so we were winging it. It was around 9:30 when we realized were were only 2 miles away from our goal and had reached the ridge line. We shoved as many rocks out of the way as possible and jumped in our sleeping bags totally beat.

Our goal was to wake up the next morning at 4am to get to the top and back down in time for my . . . . . hair appointment. I had set an anointment with a good friend Julie who is at the Paul Mitchell hair school and 10:30 am on Tuesday was the only time I could get an appointment this week and next week I am in Oregon, so I was not about to let my qewtip of a hair dew grow into a cotton ball! Tucker was pretty amused that I would move so fast to get a hair cut, but I showed him. We turned a 12 hour hike into an 8 hour hike and ran the whole way down to the car.

I forgot to take my camera along on Mt. Nebo, but my proof for this one is in the hair cut. So there you go.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Wow! So many posts at once, I loved it.

You have a pretty dang good life! At least the highlights.

Thanks for the posts and enjoy your day.

Chris said...

Looking good and so much fun you've been having...or at least in between the stresses.

marian said...

I'm loving the hair! Hope we'll be seeing you out here sometime, miss you!

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

Chris and I think your hair looks rad, I'm glad you raced the mountain to get it done :) Sounds like you're having fun! We hope we can see you soon! it seems like it's been forever!

Kristen said...

Love the haircut. I hope you will have some more fun time before your LAST YEAR (yea!!!) of school begins. I'm so proud of you.